What is the application process?
The application process is straightforward, and consists of a submitted application, followed by a number of an online interviews between selected applicants and the Digital Catapult team:
- Register your interest and chose an open application
- Interested parties will receive an email with a link to the full application form
- Applicants must complete the submittable form by the advertised application closing date
- Application forms reviewed and shortlisted
- Interview with Digital Catapult team
- Participants selected and contracts signed
Who can apply
FutureScope has been designed to support businesses across all stages of maturity working across the advanced digital technology stack, including:
- Immersive technologies including virtual, augmented and cross reality
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Future networks including 5G and IoT technologies
- Distributed systems such as distributed ledger technologies
For specific business maturity please see the requirements for each programme of activities.
What information will the programme ask for in the application form?
Specific to application briefs and requirements, the application form will seek for more details that help us to understand your solutions, ideas and relevance to the programme.
These questions typically seek to understand:
- Company information (for example, company name, full name, email address, founder details and category)
- Progress (for example, stage of company, revenue and customers)
- Idea (for example, strength, originality, relevance, scalability)
- Team (for example, team experience and skill set)
- Challenge application and delivery proposed (for example, relevance, suitability of proposed technical delivery)
- Equity and legal (for example, investment information, non-compete and de minimus state aid compliance)
- Programme participation – ability to commit to attending our workshops and events
Who will my application data be shared with?
Can I save my application form?
Participants must first complete the registration of interest form on the FutureScope website, upon completion you will receive a link to the full Submittable form.
The Submittable application form can be saved to allow you time to save and come back to your answers. Applicants must submit the application forms in full to be considered for the programmes, we are not able to see in draft forms. Upon submission of this form you are not able to revise or edit the form anymore.
How will Digital Catapult choose the successful applicants?
FutureScope applications will be selected based on the following criteria. Please note individual briefs will have specific requirements listed on the application brief.
Stage of maturity to programme requirements:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their business and product maturity as relevant to the specific programme.
Technical and sector assessment:
The product/service uses suitable advanced digital technology or a mix of those as its core proposition to tackle the challenge themes and sector fit.
Originality and strength of the idea:
The idea is compelling and original whilst also demonstrating strong vision.
The application should be capable of market demand, with the potential to achieve growth and reach its full range of capabilities beyond FutureScope.
Team quality and expertise:
The team is of adequate size and is equipped with the relevant technical, financial and business skills, and has the ability to deliver the solution successfully.
Environmental and social impact:
The idea takes into account sustainability alignment and environment factors.
Does my organisation need to be a UK registered company to enter?
Collaborations may include international contributors, but to complete the Programme (i) the team must have an establishment in the UK, and (ii) the majority of work should be carried out in the UK and teams need to be able to commit to attending the workshops and Industry Prototype Presentation event.
I don’t quite fit some of these criteria, can I still apply?
The FutureScope framework aims to offer opportunities throughout the year across all stages of maturity.
Our applications are often themed to industry challenges across manufacturing and creative industries.
If our active applications aren’t right for the maturity of your business or its specific focus, please register your interest to stay in the loop on future opportunities offered by Digital Catapult’s range of FutureScope programmes
Will I receive feedback on my application?
Unfortunately, because of the high volume of applications, we can’t provide feedback on applications that do not progress to the interview stage. We will of course notify everyone that applies of the outcome of their application via email, this will be an automated email
There’s no active applications, how can I get involved?
What if my application is not successful – can I reapply for a later programme?
Yes of course, your application may not have been relevant to the theme or stage of business, as we run applications across all stages of maturity and across industry themes as new applications open you are welcome to apply to these future opportunities.