About the programme
Is the programme expected to be in-person, or remote?
FutureScope BridgeAI activities are planned to be delivered remotely/online. We expect to organise a small number of in-person events, such activities may include programme kick-off, and showcase events. Participants will be informed with plenty of notice and will be subject to updated COVID-19 -related guidance on restrictions and best practices.
What is BridgeAI?
BridgeAI is an Innovate UK national programme seeking to stimulate the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technologies in targeted sectors of the UK economy that have the highest growth potential for AI use cases – Agriculture, Creative, Transport, and Construction.
The programme is jointly delivered by Digital Catapult, Innovate UK KTN, The Alan Turing Institute, and Hartree Centre. More information can be found here.
How does the FutureScope BridgeAI Acceleration Programme fit into the broader BridgeAI programme framework?
The FutureScope BridgeAI Acceleration Programme is a 12-week accelerator delivered by Digital Catapult, funded by Innovate UK, as part of the activities in the BridgeAI programme.
It is targeted at UK-registered startups and SMEs to help them develop responsible, ethical, and desirable AI and ML deep-tech solutions in the Creative, Agriculture, Transport, and Construction sectors.
What are the benefits of BridgeAI Accelerator Programme?
Digital Catapult is unique in its ability to connect high-potential companies with established businesses, investors, government and public sector, research, and academia – to discover new ways of solving industry challenges, increasing productivity, and opening up new markets.
Participants will be able to accelerate the readiness of their AI/ML solutions thanks to the computational power, specialised hardware, deep learning servers, support from Digital Catapult experts, Industry Partners, and access to the wider BridgeAI network.
Across the programme, a range of sessions and events are provided to support participants, such as:
- Computational power access
- Subject to availability and third-party terms, get access to computational power provided by the Programme Industry Partners: up to $100k for one year or up to $25k for two years in AWS credits; up to $2,000 for two years (Start Tier) or up to $100,000 for two years (Scale Tier) in Google Cloud credits; up to $200,000 in Graphcore IPU cloud credits; up to $5,000 credits MongoDB credits; up to $1000 Miro Credits.
- Ethical AI support
- Enhance your skills in ethical and responsible AI, data and operational practices and acquire insights on fostering a culture of ethical best practices within your organisation and product, through comprehensive frameworks and interactive workshops.
- Technical support
- Engage in 1:1 interactions with the Digital Catapult technologists and the Programme Industry Partners to assess, iterate and accelerate the technical development of your product or service, leading to an enhanced market positioning.
- Workshops and masterclasses
- Take part in sessions covering a diverse range of topics, including end-to-end digitalisation journey, data readiness and maturity, regulatory data compliance, product development and investment readiness.
- Peer-to-peer learning
- Be part of a cohort of AI innovators, sharing insights and learnings through group sessions and networking events.
- BridgeAI community
- After the completion of the programme, get the opportunity to connect with a dynamic and growing ecosystem of AI developers and adopters that will enable knowledge exchange and potential future business opportunities.
- Computational power access
What are the key dates for this programme?
- Open Call opens – 12 July 2023
- Open Call closes – 9 August 2023 at 23:59
- Q&A Sessions – 14, 21, 28 July, 3 August 2023
- Notification of shortlisted projects and Invitation to interview – 17 August 2023*
- Interviews – 23 August – 31 August 2023*
- Notification of successful projects – 31 August 2023
- Due Diligence – 4 September – 22 September 2023*
- Programme Start Date – 25 September 2023
- Programme End Date – 15 December 2023
- Kick Off Programme Event – 25 – 29 September 2023*
- Final Programme Event – January 2024
- BridgeAI Showcase – Spring 2024
*Dates and activities can be subject to change. Digital Catapult will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible to applicants/participants should any changes arise.
Do I have to attend all of the activities offered in the accelerator programme?
In general, attending all activities on FutureScope can be beneficial as it provides you with the opportunity to learn from experienced mentors, connect with other entrepreneurs, and develop your business skills. However, it is important to prioritise your time and focus on activities that are most relevant to your business goals.
If there are certain activities that you feel are not relevant to your business or that you already have a strong understanding of, you may choose to skip them to allocate your time and resources more effectively. However, it is important to consider the potential benefits of all activities before deciding to skip them.