Industrial Net Zero Scale FAQs
Read our programme specific FAQs to understand more about this brief and requirements
What is the FutureScope Industrial Net Zero Scale programme?
Scale is FutureScope’s 16 week programme for high-potential pre-scaleups and early stage scaleups, to support them in accelerating their existing technology, operations and commercial activity.
What are the programme timelines for FutureScope Industrial Net Zero Scale?
Please see below the programme key dates:
- Applications open: 17 November 2021
- Applications close: 23 January 2022
- First stage of interviews/judging begins: 24 January 2022
- Selected applicants informed by: 31 January 2022 (TBC)
- Programme begins: 14 February 2022
- Benchmarking sessions begin: 21 February 2022
- Showcase: March 2022 (date TBC)
- Programme ends: 03 June 2022
Is my company too early-stage to apply? How can I tell?
It’s expected that successful applicants for FutureScope Scale will be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of market validation in their technology and execution, and that this validation can best be demonstrated by having previously raised investment, or achieving significant commercial revenues.
If your company is not at the point at which it can satisfactorily demonstrate either, it is likely too early-stage for Scale. FutureScope offers opportunities for companies at different stages of their lifecycle, so please take a look at our current and future opportunities and register to stay up to date.
Who can apply for the Industrial Net Zero Scale programme?
The theme of this current Scale programme is industrial net zero.
The programme will therefore be tailored to support companies focused on applying and scaling advanced technologies (AI and ML, future networks including IoT and 5G, DLT, immersive technologies including VR, AR and XR). The first cohort will focus on companies tackling to tackle challenges in industrial net zero. Future cohorts will focus on other key challenges in the manufacturing and creative sectors, so please sign up to stay in the loop on future opportunities.
They should also meet the following application criteria:
- Have previously raised a seed or series A round of investment, and/or can demonstrate significant commercial revenues of at least £500,000 in the previous 12 months (or £150,000 in the previous three months)
- Are selling (or aiming to sell) to larger small businesses and/or enterprise customers at an average order value of approx. £10,000 per annum or higher
Is Scale just for CEOs or can anyone in the company participate?
The majority of FutureScope Scale’s content caters specifically for scaleup CEOs. However, there will be a number of workshops and events better suited to other members of the leadership team, particularly those in commercial, technical or operational roles.
How much time do I need to commit to the programme?
The time commitment required for successful participation in the programme is approximately 40 hours over the 16 week period.